8 Tips to Improve Blood Circulation to Prevent and Treat Varicose VeinsHealth-Related Services
More commonly occurring in the legs, varicose veins are swollen and twisted veins that you can see just under the surface of the skin. Varicose veins are the result of venous reflux disease or venous insufficiency, a medical condition in which blood cannot flow back up through the legs in a normal way because the veins and valves inside them are weakened and deformed. This can cause blood to pool in your legs. If blood pools in leg veins it causes those veins to enlarge and become varicose.
There are many contributing factors that cause varicose veins. People who are overweight are more likely to get varicose veins. Other contributing factors include nutrient deficiencies, hormonal abnormalities, long periods of standing or sitting, pregnancy, and heredity. It is essential to improve blood circulation in your legs for preventing varicose veins naturally. Following are some of the effective tips to improve blood circulation and treat varicose veins.
1. Getting plenty of exercise is the best way to prevent and treat varicose veins. Exercising regularly can help increase blood circulation and prevent varicose veins. Brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and cycling can all significantly promote good blood circulation.
2. Yoga therapy is beneficial for reducing the appearance and presence of varicose veins. Stretching and relaxation techniques of yoga can be particularly beneficial for treating varicose veins. Standing yoga poses are excellent for improving blood circulation, especially in the legs. Breathing exercise can help ease pain from varicose veins.
3. To keep the blood circulation proper, avoid sitting or standing in one position for long time. If your job requires you to stand for long hours, shift your weight from one foot to another to alleviate pressure.
4. If you like to sit with your legs crossed, cross your ankles rather than the upper part of your legs for better blood circulation.
5. Give proper attention to your clothes. Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes around your waist, legs, or groin as this can restrict the smooth blood flow in the legs.
6. If possible, avoid frequent lifting of heavy objects as it could create unnecessary strain on the legs, which in turn can affect varicose veins.
7. A diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids or fish oil is extremely helpful in treating varicose veins. Omega-3 stimulates blood circulation in the system and helps to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with varicose veins.
8. Vitamin C, bioflavonoids, and vitamin E improve blood circulation and reduce pain from varicosities.
The above tips help to prevent and treat varicose veins by improving blood circulation naturally.