Learn to Live Lean and Healthy
Obesity and weight gain are the threatening monsters of the modern lifestyle. People today want to be lean and healthy. They try to control their weight in all possible ways. They practice special exercises. They attend gymnastic classes. They take medicines for reducing their fat and weight. They spend money to make their body lean.
Here are some easy and inexpensive tips to help you keep your body lean and healthy.
Food's vital role in maintaining your health
Food plays an important role in keeping your body lean. It is your food habit that increases and reduces your body fat and supports your health.
Modern diet style is based more on marketing than on health and scientific studies. The advanced techniques of modern media hook people easily to swallow whatever comes across. No need to explain how modern world has become an easy prey to fast food culture.
Dangers of modern foods
1) There are a zillion diets advertised by the commercial world promising to make you lose weight and keep you fit. Modern food commodities are quite different from what they had been in the past decades.
2) The fruits and vegetables are bred for their size and sweetness instead of natural nutrition. They come filled with the dangers of herbicides and pesticides.
3) In addition to these, harmful chemicals are added while they are processed. Just think of what happens to grain processed into flour and reaches your dining tables as bread, cereal, pasta, bagels or muffins. Imagine what happens to the fresh meat and chicken when they pass through the factory-farmed processing.
4) Moreover, these ingredients, additives, preservatives and fillers in the modern food stuffs prevent the body from
absorbing minerals naturally.
5) Modern food stuffs, such as bread crackers and so on, not only raise blood sugar levels but also they can lead to insulin resistance, diabetes and weight gain.
Five tips for preventing obesity
1) First of all, avoid processed and canned foods and minimize the use of refined and artificial sugar. Drinking fresh and pure water is far better than beverages.
2) Reduce grain food as much as possible and add more fresh fruits and vegetables. Nowadays, organic vegetables and fruits are available through direct marketing.
3) For your protein intake go for quality protein sources such as grass-fed meats, organic eggs, fish and seafood. Farmed fish and meats are dangerous.
4) Add spices such as black pepper or cayenne pepper to each meal which can support your weight loss efforts. Including herbs such as ginseng, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, mustard and ginger to your dishes and dressings can work well to help your body get lean.
5) Cooking has much importance in your health. Overheating and microwave oven cooking damage the nutrients in food stuffs and make them useless.